Microsoft, the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential, happy to announce the release of Team Foundation Server 2018. This new release includes our most recent feature innovations and improvements.
Team Foundation Server 2018 Release Notes:
Summary: Team Foundation Server 2018 Updates
We've added a lot of new value to Team Foundation Server 2018. Some of the highlights include:
- We have improved the Project Creation Wizard and Process Template Manager on the web.
- You can now customize the work item form header.
- We optimized the mobile work item form.
- We added support for Git forks.
- You can manage massive Git repositories with GVFS.
- You can view, filter, delete, and set the security of Git tags.
- We added file minimap, bracket matching, and toggle white space to web code editing.
- We made many improvements to pull requests.
- You have a new improved Wiki experience.
- We've added support for Maven packages.
- You can import and export, and pause build definitions.
- The new Release Definition Editor has opt-in by default.
- You can deploy with VM deployments.
- We improved exploratory testing traceability.
- We added test batching.
- You can now view a chart widget for test plans and test suites.
Features Removed with this Release
- We removed support for XAML Builds.
- Support for Lab Center and automated testing flows in Microsoft Test Manager has been removed.
- We discontinued TFS Extension for SharePoint.
- We removed the Team Room feature.
To learn more about Team Foundation Server 2018, see the
Team Foundation Server Requirements and Compatibility page.
About Team Foundation Server. Team Foundation Server delivers source control, work item tracking, Team Foundation Build, a team project portal Web site, reporting, and project management capabilities. Team Foundation Server also includes a data warehouse where data from work item tracking, source control, builds, and testing tools are stored. Other Microsoft Visual Studio Team System servers include build servers and test servers. Depending on your business needs, you might choose to deploy some or all of these servers. You should carefully evaluate the features as well as the hardware and software requirements of Microsoft Visual Studio Team System servers as part of your planning for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System.
A logical Team Foundation Server is made up of two components: an application-tier server, made up primarily of Web services, and a data-tier server, made up primarily of several SQL Server 2005 databases. In Team Foundation Server deployments, these two components are referred to as the application-tier server and the data-tier server. The application-tier server and data-tier server can be deployed on one server or two servers. In the single-server configuration, the application-tier and data-tier services and programs are hosted on the same computer. In the dual server configuration, one server is the application-tier server, and the other is the data-tier server. This data is used by Team Foundation for its built-in reporting functionality.
All team projects are stored and managed with Team Foundation Server. To begin working on a team project, you must first connect to the appropriate Team Foundation Server. Be sure you are a member of a group on the Team Foundation Server with appropriate permissions before attempting to connect to Team Foundation Server, or that your account has been added directly to the Team Foundation Server and configured with the permissions appropriate to your role in the project. If you have not been added to the Team Foundation Server, either as an individual user or as a member of a group, you will not be able to connect to the Team Foundation Server.
About Microsoft. Microsoft Corporation, leading developer of personal-computer software systems and applications. The company also publishes books and multimedia titles, offers e-mail services, and sells electronic game systems, computer peripherals (input/output devices), and portable media players. It has sales offices throughout the world.
Product: Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems:
TFS can be installed on a Windows server or client operating system.
Size: 529.4 mb